Senior staff professionals – whether responsible for finance, marketing, technology, personnel, or all of the above in overseeing all firm administration – can serve as strategic counselors who help the firm survive and grow. And all law firm staff – whether administrative assistants, IT technicians or other support personnel – play major, ongoing roles in the financial and organizational life of the firm that are enhanced when they know and are committed to their roles.
At LawBiz® Management, we’ve put together a series of resources and services designed especially for law firm administrators and staff. Our coaching and consulting services are customized to help lawyers focus on the specific issues and challenges they find most pressing. Our resource center includes relevant articles, newsletters, audio podcasts, videos, webinars, and more, and many of our books and practical guides were written with the sole practitioner in mind.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Making Staff Integral to Your Mission: A Successful Firm Is an All-Inclusive Firm
- Culture Shock: How Administrators Can Help Associates Adapt
- The Power of Partnership: Administrators, Business Partners Make for Natural Allies
- It's Not Lawyers and Staff - It's a Firm
- Even the Lone Ranger Needed Tonto: Staff is Essential in Any Solo Practice
- Achieving Inclusiveness: Change, Transformation and the "Us" Dynamic in Today's Law Firm
- Administrators to the Rescue: Taking Charge and Staying Out of the "Riffed" Pool
- Taking an Administrator's Job? Approach It Like a Client!
- Virtual Help: An Outsourcing Relationship With a Virtual Assistant Can Complete Your Team
- How to Build a Knowledge Management System: Manage Files Right, Right from the Start
- Outsourcing Legal Support Services
See more resources for administrators at our Resource Center.
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
- Podcast: Malpractice and Bar Discipline May Not Be the Same
- Podcast: Interview with Brett Burney, Technology Consultant and Chair of the 2015 ABA Chicago TechShow
- The Starting Point for Planning is Information
- Careful, Techie: You Might Get What You Wish For
- Job Descriptions Are More Important Than You Might Realize
- Trust Accounts: Accountability, Access, and Advantages
- Saying Farewell to Your Law Practice
- Congrats -- You Finally Launched A Website. Now Get To Work