Wouldn't it be nice to have a trusted adviser on your side of the table?
Why is a coach important for a lawyer?
Who do you turn to when you need professional advice?
A friend can help you for a few minutes, but beyond that they have their own career and personal issues to deal with. A partner in today's eat-what-you-kill world is protective of his own book of business and not likely to be very much help. If you're an associate, there are limitations on what you can tell a mentor or partner because their opinion will impact you at compensation time. There's only so much you can tell a spouse without freaking him or her out. Remember that the spouse is a passenger in this vehicle called your career path. Since the passenger never truly knows what's in the mind of the driver, they're more likely to panic at sudden twists or turns.
A coach, on the other hand, is your accountability metric—someone who has no vested interest in your outcome other than as a trusted advisor who wants to see you succeed.
Nationally-Recognized Law Firm Strategist Ed Poll Personally Guides You Step by Step to Concrete ResultsEd's Coaching will:
- Open your eyes to additional solutions with a proven record of effectiveness
- Provide you with a confidential sounding board
- Partner you with a peer who has walked in your shoes and acquired the insight and judgment to mentor and guide you
- Put your professional development on the fast track so you move up to the next level of success
- Have no other agenda than your success
No Olympian athlete has won gold without a coach. So why should attorneys have to do it alone? Tap into nationally-renowned law firm strategist and author Ed Poll for personal, private coaching that will yield Olympic results. Many of our clients increase their revenue within six months by five or six figures, from $50,000 to $400,000, based on reports thus far.
"I look at Ed as my business partner now—my once a week essential business meeting to take the pulse of my practice. During our one-hour phone conversations, we hash out the larger and smaller business challenges of my law firm. I always come away from those conversations enlarged, challenged, and sometimes even quite shaken, but with the tools necessary to move forward down the path he and I are constantly redefining for me and my firm."
Who benefits from coaching?Ed coaches top performers who are open to increasing profitability. Clients include sole practitioners, managing partners, executive directors, and financial directors at small, mid-size, and large law firms. Ed's clients have experienced:
- Objective, situational assistance from one of the country's top coaches and consultants
- Increased revenue with long-term strategies for sustainability
- Attainment of partnership level
- Enhanced performance resulting from focused energy and reduced stress
- Feelings of increased control over professional life
- Heightened productivity due to being held accountable and being questioned and challenged
Our private coaching program is tailored to your personal goals.
There is a common misconception that being an attorney requires only expertise in law. But being an attorney is also about being an entrepreneur. Coaching can help you with the business side of the legal profession so that you can focus on your litigation and transactional work.
- All assignments and coaching strategies are based on the results you want to see.
- With over 25 years of experience on all sides of the table, Ed will serve as your personal mentor, speaking your language and expertly helping you through the day-to-day minutia that is the reality of any law practice.
- As your private coach, Ed is available on your timeframe. All calls and emails are returned within 24 hours.
- Ed helps you develop long-term career strategies to get you to your professional goals even after the coaching program is completed.
"Ed was coaching me during our firm reorganization when disaster hit! Key personnel departed and I was panic-stricken. Not only did he honor his commitment to 24/7, but his advice enabled me to refocus my priorities. Now, I'm eating, I'm sleeping, and I'm smiling thanks to his guidance."
Levels of Coaching ProgramsWe offer three coaching choices to suit your professional needs. All coaching is done on a 6-month cycle to learn new habits and sustain them. You will always deal directly with Ed Poll and all information will be kept confidential.
- Mentoring - This laissez faire approach is for those who would rather contact a coach on their own schedule. Clients can call or email with questions as often as they want. Appointments are not necessary, and a response is guaranteed within 24 hours during normal business hours.
$3,500 per cycle
Click here to order.
- Coaching - An initial goal-setting discussion will determine your objectives. Ed will then call once weekly to discuss current issues and set assignments, depending on the nature of the challenge. These discussions are designed to move you closer to achieving your goals. Phone calls are not regulated for time, but single calls will not extend beyond one hour. Clients are also free to email and call with questions as often as they want. Responses guaranteed within 24 hours, even on weekends.
$6,000 per cycle
Click here to order.
- Immersion Program - Ed will spend a day with you to develop a strategic business/marketing plan that targets your personal and professional goals. Weekly sessions will follow to discuss your current challenges and issues that hinder your focus on reaching those goals you set for yourself in the strategic planning session with Ed. You will have unlimited phone and email access and responses are guaranteed within 24 hours. Travel is incremental to this fee and will be invoiced at cost as incurred.
$12,500 per cycle
Click here to order.
Payment for coaching services is nonrefundable; however, you may put a coaching program on a one-time freeze at any point, for up to 30 days, at which time we stop the calendar until you're ready to begin again.
We offer other options for mentoring or advanced strategic business development. Contact us for more information.
Invest in your full potential and enroll todayCall Ed at (800) 837-5880 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your first no-commitment appointment to discuss your business goals and objectives and find out if coaching is right for you.
"On a personal level, I'm not scared any more. The recession reduced my wife and me from a comfortable two-income family to a one person income and a capital drain. When I first called Ed, I truly was counting the months until we would have to put the house on the market... The things we have put in place and will continue working on guaranteed my business picking up."
"It has been a pleasure and a real assistance speaking to Ed on a weekly basis about issues as they came up, and about developing a roadmap for future actions. It was great to know that no matter what the issue, Ed has been there to field questions and provide amazing ideas."
"I worked with Ed for a year while working to become a partner in my law firm. With Ed's coaching, I was able to achieve that goal at the end of the year. Through his coaching techniques, Ed showed me how to communicate assertively and confidently with the partners I needed to persuade to vote for my promotion into the partnership and to convince them of my abilities. I can honestly say that without Ed's help, I would not have made such an excellent impression on my partners."
"I'm gradually learning, through my weekly coaching sessions, how to get in touch with what I like to think of as my 'inner Ed.' With 'Ed in my head' between coaching sessions, I have been able to negotiate better fees ? and attract more work and a higher quality clientele ? With Ed as my ally, the stress of being a sole practitioner is greatly reduced."
"When I had my own private practice as a solo practitioner, I wanted to run my office as efficiently and profitably as possible. I researched business coaches and discovered that most had "passive" models as their basis for coaching, i.e. they would promise all the things they would do for my practice without my having to invest time and energy into the process. I'm so glad I chose Ed Poll instead, for he had an "active" model, i.e. how much I got out of the coaching was directly dependent upon what I put into it. Over a period of six months, Ed conferenced with me and gave me weekly assignments for structuring my practice as well as giving me tips on how to work with clients from the initial interview through to the end of the case. After working with Ed, I didn't have a single outstanding account receivable over $500. The time I spent working with Ed was invaluable and I would recommend him to any attorneys interested in improving the quality and profitability of their practices."
Los Angeles, CA
Check out Ed Poll's blog for free daily advice on how to manage your practice with maximum results.
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
- Yes, You Scan -- Take No Chances With Your Records
- Make Sure You're Worthy of A Client's Trust
- When It Comes to Credit, Attention to Detail Paramount
- Ed Interviews Pactsafe Founder, Brian Powers
- No Time to Save Trees When Drafting a Fee Agreement
- Hit a '3-Pointer' By Enlightening — Not Just Charging — Your Clients
- Little Anticipation Now Means No Playing 'Ketchup' Later
- When Looking for Answers, Don't Forget to Ask the Questions