Selling a Law Practice Should Be Profitable
For those considering selling their practices, Ed offers four options to help you get the most return on the business you’ve built.
Do It Yourself Do it yourself with help from our resources for selling a practice:
- Book: Selling Your Law Practice: The Profitable Exit Strategy
- CDs: Law Firm for Sale: The Complete Audio Guide to Selling Your Practice (4 CD set)
- Virtual Seminar: Selling a Law Practice: Getting Your Highest Value
- DVDs: Exit Strategy: Selling & Other Strategies to Leave the Practice of Law
Web Site Listing Your law practice will be listed on the LawBiz® web site, a site reviewed by many lawyers seeking to jumpstart and expand their current law practices. This may be the closest service to a multiple listing currently available. The listing will contain the contact information you choose to provide and all further information and contact shall be with you. When you place your order (insert the link again), please not the location for insertion of the copy for your advertisement. Feel free to contact Ed Poll for more information or assistance in preparing the verbiage for your ad.
$1,295 for six months
Click here to order
LawBiz® will provide you with a ballpark valuation of your practice, based on Ed Poll’s more than 20 years of experience in buying and selling law practices and other businesses, and his extensive writing on the subject. Contact us for more information.
Consulting for the Sale of your Practice
LawBiz® will value your practice, as well as consult with you to sell your practice. We’ll work with you throughout the entire process.
With this option, Ed will:
- Analyze your practice and provide a valuation range, based on your financial data, client base and marketplace guidelines.
- Develop a “prospectus” or “statement of offering,” based on Ed’s familiarity with the legal marketplace, to represent your firm and appeal to potential buyers.
- Advise you on the negotiating strategy that can get you the best offer available.
- Ensure that your sale complies with the Rules of Professional Conduct that govern the transfer of your practice.
- Coach you in the transition into the merged practices once the sale/purchase is complete, for three months.
Contact us for more information.
Check out these resources:
- Selling Your Law Practice: The Profitable Exit Strategy
- Law Firm for Sale: The Complete Audio Guide to Selling Your Practice (4 CD set)
- Virtual Seminar, Selling a Law Practice: Getting Your Highest Value (MP3)
- Exit Strategy: Selling & Other Strategies to Leave the Practice of Law (DVD)
- Articles on buying or selling a law practice
- Law Practices for Sale
- Law Practices Wanted
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
- Make Every Day Your Law Day
- Procrastination a Preventable Burden on Tax Day - and Every Other Day
- When Looking to Market Your Firm, First Take a Look in the Mirror
- Pair of 10s: Challenges and Tactics Most Vital to Growth
- Focus on the Law, But Mind Your Business
- To Grow Your Practice, Expand Your Personal Space
- When Closing Up Shop, Don't Cut It Too Close
- Before Spreading Your Wings in Retirement, Be Sure to Spread the Word
- Who Will (or should) Be Your Valentine, Part 2
- Who Will (or should) Be Your Valentine, Part I