Larger law firms are not only focused on practicing law, but also face the demands of running a business enterprise. Issues such as cash flow, marketing and business development, hiring, promotion and succession practices, as well as technology integration and new practice development all require the attention of the managing partner and others in the firm.
Smaller practices face a series of challenges that are unique, such as converting from a collegial setting to a more formal business environment, and running the practice more like a professional services firm, a business, in order to break through to the next level.
At LawBiz® Management, we've put together a series of resources and services designed for law firms. We offer different resources that are specific to every size firm, whether large, mid-sized or small.
Our coaching and consulting services are customized to help firms manage their practices more effectively by focusing on the specific issues and challenges each firm is facing. Our resource center includes articles, newsletters, audio podcasts, videos, and webinars that provide information and guidance and is searchable based on your firm size. Our books and practical guides help you address the big picture questions your practice needs to be considering to stay successful in the evolving legal landscape.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Quit Working and Start Leading! True Leaders Are the Key to Law Firm Success
- A Broken Management Model
- What Do GM and Big Law Firms Have in Common?
- Smaller Firms Shouldn't Sell Themselves Short
- Compensation: Partnering With Your Partners
- Small Firms Can Find Diamonds in A Rough Recession
- Are You A Firm's Finder, Grinder or Minder?
- The Billable Hour: Going, Going ... Still Here
- ABA Internet Regs Could Hurt the Small Firm
- Firm Support Makes Rainmaking Easier
- Alternative Billing as a Marketing Tool
- The Bottom Line on The Cost of Associate Loyalty
See more resources for law firms at our Resource Center.
Life After Law
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
From the Archives
The LawBiz Store Special
Special One-Time Coaching Session
Attorney's Guide to Successful Business Planning
With Ed Poll, Principal, LawBiz Management
$275 DEC ONLY
For the lawyer in your life, start the year right.
Note: This is a one-time offer with limited availability. First come, first serve.
To arrange call: 1-800-837-5880