Ed Poll of LawBiz® Management Company
Our solutions to law practice management challenges are based on decades of experience in both business and law. Our principal, Ed Poll, J.D., M.B.A., CMC, is a nationally recognized coach, law firm management consultant, and author who has coached and consulted with lawyers and law firms in strategic planning, profitability analysis, and practice development for over 20 years.
Ed has practiced law on all sides of the table for 25 years-- as a corporate general counsel, government prosecutor, sole practitioner, partner, and law firm chief operating officer and been a consultant to small and large law firms for 20 years. He helps attorneys and law firms increase their profitability and peace of mind by...
- Bringing in new business
- Attracting higher quality cases and clients
- Delivering legal services more effectively and efficiently
Ed is a nationally-recognized legal management expert whose advice has helped thousands of lawyers create more rewarding legal practices, and directed hundreds of national, regional, and local law firms towards higher profitability.
A nationally-renowned instructor for law firms, bar associations and universities, Ed has taught:
- Creating New Business Enterprises in the Department of Entrepreneurship, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Business of Law Practice for the USC Law Center for Advanced Professional Education
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE,) formerly at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
On November 3rd, 2010 Edward Poll received the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award given by the California State Bar's Law Practice Management and Technology (LPMT) Section. The award, which was named after him, was given due to his extraordinary level of service, enthusiasm, and vocal advocating for small firms and solo practitioners.
Ed has written numerous books, audios and videos on running a profitable law practice. He is the author of:
- 8 Steps to Greater Profitability - The Lawyer's Path to Prosperity
- Growing Your Law Practice in Tough Times
- Attorney & Law Firm Guide to The Business of Law: Planning and Operating for Survival and Growth, Third Edition
- The Profitable Law Office Handbook: Attorney's Guide to Successful Business Planning
- Collecting Your Fee: Getting Paid from Intake to Invoice
- Selling Your Law Practice: The Profitable Exit Strategy
- Secrets of the Business of Law®: Successful Practices for Increasing Your Profits!
- More Secrets of the Business of Law®
- Law Firm Fees & Compensation: Value & Growth Dynamics: A LawBiz® Management Special Report
- Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Planning for Law Firms: A LawBiz® Management Special Report
- Business Competency for Lawyers: A LawBiz® Management Special Report
- The Successful Lawyer – Banker Relationship: A LawBiz® Management Special Report
- Law Firm for Sale: The Complete Audio Guide to Selling Your Practice
- Exit Strategy: Selling & Other Strategies to Leave the Practice of Law
Ed's leadership positions and honors include:
- Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by the California State Bar's Law Practice Management and Technology Section (2010)
- Past President and Board Member, National Speakers Association, Greater Los Angeles Chapter
- Recent chairperson and current advisor to the Law Practice Management and Technology Section of the State Bar of California
- Member, Advisory Board, Accounting and Financial Planning for Law Firms (An American Law Media Publication)
- Member, Council, Law Practice Management Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Editorial Board, Los Angeles Lawyer, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Co-recipient of the "Leader of the Year" award of the General Practice Section of the American Bar Association
- Chairperson, Law Practice Management Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee and Vice Chair, Law Office Management Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Chairperson and adviser to the Solo & Small Firm Section, State Bar of California (formerly General Practice Section)
- Creator of the LawBiz Management teleseminar series for West LegalEdCenter
Ed’s writing includes:
- Syndicated legal columnist, Coach’s Corner, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and Dolan Media
- Columnist, Legal Management, Association of Legal Administrators
- Columnist, CBA Practice Link, Canadian Bar Association
- Contributor, The Bottom Line, State Bar of California, Accounting and Financial Planning for Law Firms, and the LA Daily Journal.
Find out how you can get a bigger income, a more satisfying practice, and peace of mind by contacting Ed Poll today.
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
- AI A Harsh Reminder to Focus on Personal Service
- Lawsuits Don't Discriminate Among Discriminators
- Clients Are No. 1 in Model Rules — and in Your Practice
- Making Your Firm a Household Name
- Nothing Fishy About Making A Good Impression
- The Recession May Be Over, But The Lessons Remain