About LawBiz®Management Company
Ed is a law firm strategist who helps attorneys and law firms increase their profitability by...
- Bringing in new business
- Attracting higher quality cases and clients
- Delivering legal services more effectively and efficiently
Edward Poll, J.D., M.B.A., CMC, advises law firms and their leaders on practice management, business development, and financial matters. He is a nationally-recognized practical guide to profit. His advice has benefited national, regional, and local law firms. Ed is unique in that he has long-term experience in both business and law. Ed has practiced law for 25 years, was the CEO and COO of several manufacturing businesses, and has been a consultant to small and large law firms for 15 years.
Thousands of lawyers have turned Ed's ideas into a bigger income for themselves.
He's a nationally-renowned instructor for law firms, bar associations and universities. He has taught:
- "Creating New Business Enterprises," in the Department of Entrepreneurship, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- "Business of Law Practice" for the USC Law Center for Advanced Professional Education
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) formerly at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
Ed has produced many books, audio and video programs on running a profitable law practice.
Ed's current leadership positions include:
- Legal columnist, "Coach?s Corner," Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Columnist, Legal Management, Association of Legal Administrators
- President, National Speakers Association, Greater Los Angeles Chapter
- Author of coaches' course for Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- Member, Advisory Board, Accounting and Financial Planning for Law Firms (An American Law Media Publication)
- Recent chairperson and current advisor to the Law Practice Management and Technology Section of the State Bar of California
- President-Elect for the National Speakers Association, Greater Los Angeles Chapter
- Regular contributor to CBA Practice Link, Canadian Bar Association
Ed's past leadership positions and honors include:
- Member, Council, Law Practice Management Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Editorial Board, Los Angeles Lawyer, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Co-recipient of the "Leader of the Year" award of the General Practice Section of the American Bar Association
- Chairperson, Law Practice Management Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee and Vice Chair, Law Office Management Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Chairperson and adviser to the Solo & Small Firm Section, State Bar of California (formerly General Practice Section)
Find out how you can get a bigger income, a more satisfying practice and peace of mind by contacting Ed Poll today!
"Through Ed's invaluable coaching and no-nonsense approach, he enabled me not only to stay employed at the firm, but to make partner and have a future with the firm."
JM, Los Angeles, CA
- Make Every Day Your Law Day
- Procrastination a Preventable Burden on Tax Day — and Eery Other Day
- When Looking to Market Your Firm, First Take a Look in the Mirror
- Pair of 10s: Challenges and Tactics Most Vital to Growth
- Focus on the Law, But Mind Your Business
- To Grow Your Practice, Expand Your Personal Space
- When Closing Up Shop, Don't Cut It Too Close
- Before Spreading Your Wings in Retirement, Be Sure to Spread the Word
- Who Will (or should) Be Your Valentine, Part 2
- Who Will (or should) Be Your Valentine, Part I